Monday, April 12, 2010

It's Such a Small World

This past week I was reminded of what a small world this is. I was born in Northern Kentucky and lived there until I was 12 years old at which time my dad got transfered to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma where we lived until he was transfered to Southern New Jersey when I was 15 1/2 years old. I have since lived here in Southern New Jersey except for a 1 1/2 years that I lived in New York. I am on Facebook and this past week my best friend growing up in Kentucky, who lived around the corner from my street in Kentucky, found me. We lost touch approximately 26 years ago. After I moved from Kentucky I saw her when we were back visiting family and she even visited me in New Jersey one time after we had graduated high school. Then after that we lost touch. I was so excited to hear from her as I have though about her over the years, I had even looked for her on Facebook but didn't find her.

On top of her finding me after all these years would you believe she is also a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator? Now that is a small world!

I'm hoping to attend a Family Reunion for my mom's side of the family back in that area this summer. I plan to also visit her as well as other family from my dad's side of the family.

So, you never know who you will re-connect with. Isn't it a small world?

Donna

No comments: